Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Less radiation exposure to patients
- Higher image resolution
- Quicker viewing times
- Can be zoomed in
- More efficient
- No film processing
- No harmful waste
Overall digital sensors are more responsive than film, requiring less to produce an image. This saves both time and exposure.
Digital X-Rays at Mountain View Dental
Most of us have become aware of exposure risks to radiation that accumulates over a lifetime. The foregoing of x-rays altogether is not an option, nor does it need to be. X-rays have been an indispensable part of any dental practice for years and major problem areas would have gone undetected without them. The choice for Mountain View Dental to invest in digital dental x-rays was an easy one. We want the best for our patients both in comfort and safety. So, our offices are equipped with digital X-rays to aid our dentists in safely providing the best possible care. Our dentists and staff are happy to provide North Ogden and Pleasant View with x-rays.
Uses of Digital X-Rays
- Plan and prepare for dental work; dental implants, orthodontics, dentures, etc.
- Detect hidden dental abnormalities
- Reveal tooth decay and infection
- Display bone loss (often times associated with gum disease)
- Watch and monitor development of teeth – taking special interest on impacted teeth, eruption of permanent teeth and spacing
- Plan orthodontic treatment
- Detect early tooth decay or hidden dental abnormalities